Spiritual Experience

While in the shower, listening to Nirvana, I made a connection in my mind that I have never made before. It had nothing to do with the shower or Nirvana, but just to be clear, you must know I was totally rocking out.

Anywho, I was actually looking at my tattoo and pondering what it means to bear that cross every day. In Jesus' day it was not a symbol of love, forgiveness, or grace, but DEATH. Yes, I wear on my leg everyday the symbol for death, because I have been sentenced to death. On my own I would end up far from God, with only evil flowing through me... but Jesus has saved me. He took His cross, wore it, and then it wore him. Now I wear mine everyday, and I need not forget that I have signed up to join Him. By accepting Jesus, His love, His grace, and His glory, I have joined Him on his quest to save the world. By carrying my cross next to Him, I have surrendered myself, my life, completely.

Amen.

PS- I love Nirvana. Don't be shocked.

2 comments:



Jennifer said...

Cool blog. I am about to get a tattoo...3 stars on my foot! I am excited, but SCARED it will hurt!

Mark said...

This post got me rocking out too. Thanks for the reminder - its great how God makes the simplest things or activities holy and sacred.

Post a Comment